Three killed, 7 injured after under-construction building collapses in Bengaluru

Three killed, 7 injured after under-construction building collapses in Bengaluru

At least three people were killed and one injured Thursday after an under-construction building collapsed in southern Indian city of Bengaluru, officials said. The under-construction building had five storeys.

They said at least 10 more workers were feared trapped under the debris of the ill-fated building. The people who were nearby started rescuing the labourers, while informing the rescue team.

In a frightening incident surfaced from Karnataka, an under-construction building has been collapsed on Kasuvanahalli's Sarjapur road in the evening today 15 February. Mayor Sampath Raj told media, "Three people have died". The injured were rescued and shifted to a private hospital where one of them is in a critical situation. Police and State's Disaster Relief Force has been put to work with immediate effect which was later joined by National Disaster Relief Force. "Rescue efforts by Fire Force and NDRF on". The report added that eight workers had been rescued by the agency. "It was developed to accommodate paying guests but later the owner tried to convert it into a commercial building", he said. "We are gathering more information". The building was under construction from last six years. Six months ago, the construction began, the deputy commissioner said.