Boy, 5, reportedly dies after being accidentally choked by family dog

Boy, 5, reportedly dies after being accidentally choked by family dog

A five-year-old boy has died after being strangled by the family dog.

The boy was moved to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he was under heavy sedation for the next several days before he passed away Saturday, according to his family. Warrington police say this appears to be a tragic accident, but their investigation continues.

Police initially attributed the boy's collapse in his backyard to a cardiac arrest. The dog was tugging and pulling at the scarf, Friel said. EMS and police arrived, administering CPR.

The hound mix pulled John Bruno's scarf outside the family's Bucks County home on Wednesday, the report said. He was unconscious when taken to Doylestown Hospital and later to CHOP. His mother loosened the tightly wound scarf, carried him inside and called 911, Warrington Township police said. By 1:45 p.m. on Monday, $16,010 was raised, surpassing its $5,000 goal. "The money donated on this page will be going to John's family to help pay for his medical and funeral expenses".

Meanwhile, the community mourns the "vibrant" boy whose "boundless energy was electric". Above all else John loved his mom, dad, and big sister, ' the site stated.

"I can not thank everyone enough for your outpouring of love, support, and generosity for Tara, Francis, and Abby".